2008 Presidential Campaign Blog Sentiment Survey
Boston, MA—February 25, 2008Lexalytics Releases 2008 Presidential Campaign Blog Sentiment SurveyObama Leads Clinton in Favorable Blogosphere Sentiment 51% to 40%McCain Alleged Lobbyist Scandal Affects Candidate’s Sentiment RankingsIraq War, Budget Deficit, Israel, and Palestinian Relations Most Discussed Issues in BlogosphereWhat: Lexalytics, a leading provider of text analytics and social media monitoring (SMM) software solutions that power […]
Boston, MA—February 25, 2008
Lexalytics Releases 2008 Presidential Campaign Blog Sentiment Survey
- Obama Leads Clinton in Favorable Blogosphere Sentiment 51% to 40%
- McCain Alleged Lobbyist Scandal Affects Candidate’s Sentiment Rankings
- Iraq War, Budget Deficit, Israel, and Palestinian Relations Most Discussed Issues in Blogosphere
What: Lexalytics, a leading provider of text analytics and social media monitoring (SMM) software solutions that power http://www.politicaltrends.info, today announced the latest results of its 2008 Presidential campaign blog sentiment survey. For the first time in U.S. Presidential election history, the blogosphere – and sentiment conveyed within — is flexing its muscle on the voting public. So, what exactly is being said about the candidates in the social media? There are more than 300 blogs being measured by Lexalytics in http://www.politicaltrends.info during the 2008 Presidential campaign. Lexalytics’ media measurement software analyzes the subject matter to determine “what or who’s hot” and “what or who’s not” within the blogosphere. According to the latest Lexalytics sentiment analysis, for the week ending February 23, 2008:
- Senator Barak Obama (D-IL) has a significant favorable sentiment lead — 51% to 40% — over Senator Hillary Clinton (D-NY).
- Senator John McCain (R-AZ) has experienced a significant surge — both favorable and unfavorable — in blog commentary, as a result of the recent New York Times story that alleges impropriety with a Washington lobbyist.
- Issues dominating the political landscape in the blogosphere during the survey period include the Iraq war, budget deficit, Israel, and Palestinian relations.
Who: Lexalytics will be releasing updated presidential campaign survey resluts until the election. Jeff Catlin, CEO of Lexalytics, is available for media interviews. Please visit https://www.lexalytics.com for more information.
Processing billions of words every day across more than 20 languages, Lexalytics is the industry leader in translating text into profitable decisions for social media monitoring, reputation management and voice of the customer programs. In addition, the Lexalytics Analytics Platform leverages leading-edge machine learning, artificial intelligence and natural language processing to allow enterprises across all industries to quickly, easily and cost-effectively create custom analytics solutions to address their unique data problems. Based in Boston, MA, Lexalytics has offices in the US and Canada. For more information, please visit www.lexalytics.com, email sales(at)lexalytics(dot)com or call 1-617-249-1049. Follow Lexalytics on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.